Saturday, April 25, 2009

Did anybody watch Les Choristes on Okto?! (I know peixuan did!!) Watched it for the 4th or 5th time today, its still as great as ever. Wonderful music, beautiful voices, touching storyline, inspiring...

Inspired me to join choir back in sec 1. My mom and I caught it at cineleisure after psle in primary 6, I think. Saw a group of NYGHchoir girls singing the songs after the film and that left me rather amazed =)


La Nuit.

Voice of an angel, really! (Jean baptiste Maunier as Morhange, solo) after 1:46, but the front chorus is nice too haha.

His acting is great too, just observe his eyes and expressions after his teacher let him sing.



Caresse sur l'océan (live)

Jean Baptiste Maunier's solo starts at 1:06! AHH I LOVE HIM!!

(Don't ever forget Vois sur ton chemin! You can ask me for it.)





Spent some time listening to music & videos today, not forgetting PI of course.


Neil & Sabra dancing to Sweet dreams (are made of these) by Eurhythmics.
So you think you can dance season 3! Pretty old haha.


Travis & Heidi, contemporary, Calling you by Celine Dion
Gosh, I SO love this one. Yes I've posted this quite some time ago.


Chelsea & mark, bleeding love by Leona Lewis
MY FAVOURITE ONE, for the 1000th time!





Found some absolutely fantastic Choral pieces (a spectacular performance of Illay Gandangan plus other schools' competition performances of our Mundi Cantant Olomouc trip),


Illay Gandangan. starts after 1:oo.
Very tribal but that's what its supposed to be like anyway haha.

Don't think we have any recordings of AHSchoir doing Illay huh? I miss the choreo!



...some pop.


LFO - girl on tv.

A pretty old hit, 1999.

Im wishing on a falling star,
Wondering where you are...

Do I ever cross your mind
In the warm sunshine?


Flute solos and duets (and some tutorials, had a sudden itch to play it and realised its in school D:),


Emma playing Chaminade Concertino.

HAHA 7 year-old called Emma playing the flute.


Reminds me of the time during SOVA where Ms Kwa was telling us about a piece called "Emma" Chuck Close did for silkscreen. She kept referring to the name of the painting, lol. "Emma was made up of many layers" "Emma was completed over a period of time" "Emma...."

lol.



Classical pieces (there was a girl playing gnomenreigen by Liszt so I repeated it like a billion times). Also had a sudden urge to play it on the piano but I realised I'd be looking at the scores in frustration most of the time cause its THAT difficult. Even more so without anybody guiding me ):

Ugh speaking that, I don't think I'll ever get the chance to continue diploma. (wait, or even START on it in the first place) Maybe I'll spend the next year trying to play a third of the 30-page Rhapsody in blue or Grieg's Sonate ha-ha-ha.


Cziffra plays Gnomenreigen.

Okay, absolutely gay I conclude, esp. the front (I do know of somebody our age who's playing it though D:)



Oh, I also listened to many songs by Oasis (after the pink hairclip guy sang Champagne Supernova at Rockfest)! Wonderwall, Stand by me and D'ya know what I mean are all fantastic songs too (:


Oasis - Stand by me.

Champagne Supernova's two posts before this.






Completed PeaEye from 5-8:30pm I think, at least its done with 499 words. Not too glad with it though, shall think of ways to improve on it before he marks it.



Turned on the TV just to realise I've missed three quarters of the NewYork Philharmonic orchestra concert. If I get the chance one day, I'd want to try playing on the trumpet, french horn or oboe!


There was some experimental video which was far too complicated for my mom and I to comprehend, but was quite amused by how a couple made out in the autonomy room o_O

Watched LesChoristes, went to bathe halfway and continued watching it! =D





Now its maths time for half an hour before I catch some sleep. (if I can even understand it in the first place D:)

No comments: